Monday, July 16, 2012

Crazy 4 Cult 6 NYC! (with a sneak peak)

Hey all,
By now, you may have heard the news that this year's Crazy 4 Cult, presented by Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles, is traveling to the east coast this year, and taking over New York City!

I'm lucky enough to be a part of this for the second year in a row, with other friends like Tom Whalen, Dave Perillo, Ian Glaubinger, Jason Liwag, and 195 other artists...

I'm very proud of my submission for this show, and being that it's in NYC this year, I figured I'd have to reflect on that with my subject matter. For those that don't know, Crazy 4 Cult is an annual show in it's 6th year that pays tribute to "cult films", ranging from comedies to science fiction to action films, etc. I'm just going to give you a little taste, and I'll let you figure out what my inspiration is. This will be easy to guess for anyone that knows me, even just a little...


If you can make the connection, let me know. Even if you can't, just take a guess. Gabba Gabba Hey!
Your pal,
Derby

1 comment: